Saturday, January 2, 2010

Taste the Rainbow

Ah, the rainbow! I remember as a child, my mom pointing out the sliding glass door toward the east saying, "Hurry and come see the rainbow!" My first impression was, "How do those colors get up there?" As an adult, I understand about the wavelenths of light and how ROY G BIV makes it "up there".

I wonder if Noah said, "How do those colors get up there?" No, as the Lord said to Noah, this is a promise to you that I will never flood the earth again (Genesis 9:13). Does God give a "sign" for EVERY promise He makes in the Bible or can we simply rely on His Word? Well, I know, I enjoy seeing rainbows, because it reminds me of God's covenant with Noah, but I feel an internal reassurance about all of His promises.

One promise that I hold to is that He will never leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). This is comforting, especially for those of us that may have been left or forsaken by someone we loved. If you find that you are in this position, try to remind yourself regularly that the God of all creation will never leave you!

If you have never experienced the the salvation and presence of God, then I say to you...Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him (Psalm 34:8). The Lord is good. This is a promise! I say to you Taste the Rainbow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment