Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Angry at God

Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus: 6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:5-6 (KJV)


Are you struggling through a nasty divorce or custody battle? Maybe your's is not "nasty" and I hope that is the case. Not so with me. My divorces were so painful. I could not understand why the God of all creation would not "fix" my marriages.

I was angry...

Angry at my husband for not being the man of God that I thought he was.

Angry at God for not fixing my marriages.

I did not want a divorce! Because I was not getting my way, I was angry.

However, But, Nonetheless (all three words are my favorites when they pertain to God's hand), God has allowed each situation to show me my mistakes and character flaws! I sure could not live with me then. There is some major reconstruction happening at my "house" and since He is the carpenter, I'm trying to trust Him.

Allow the architect of creation to be builder of Whose YOU are and recognize that His hand IS in your circumstances if you are in His will (Matt 22:37-39). You may be looking at the other person like they are Judas Iscariot, but had it not been for Judas; we would not have had the glorious cross. God uses ALL circumstances, pleasant and difficult, to His marvelous and ultimate glory. "Do", not just read, Phil 4:8. Meditate on God's Word for as long as it takes for your attitude to take on that of Christ. It may not last long, but if you can do that everyday, you may just find that your new attitude lasts longer than just getting out the front door every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment