Monday, May 24, 2010

Lost in Christ:

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
the righteous run to it and are safe.

"A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ, that a man should have to seek Him first to find her." Maya Angelou

For the last few years, I have tried to state how I felt about possibly remarrying someday. Being single has been very rewarding for me because I am learning about myself; not only who I am, but Whose I am. Maya Angelou has nailed it! My heart is precious to God. He wants the very best for me. And, He wants the very best for all of us.

It is a woman's desire to feel protected and safe. If our hearts are hidden in Christ then that is the safest place to be. He is: my strong tower (Psalm 61:3, Proverbs 18:10,), a strong arm (Song of Solomon 8:6), and a strong fortress (Psalm 18:2, 31:2, 144:2). It will take a man strong in his faith to seek for a woman strong in the Lord. God's desire is for us to have the longings of our heart, and if our desires are rooted and grounded in God, then get ready, He will meet those desires according to His divine plan for your life.

It is in our impatience that we began to settle for less than His best for us. Whatever your station in life...single or single-again...if you will live Isaiah 40:31 and wait, just wait, He will give you gold instead of bronze, diamonds instead of crystal, and the best instead of good.

*Edited and transferred

No comments:

Post a Comment