Monday, May 24, 2010

Single Life and Family

Recently, I have had the joy of getting closer to one of my dad's brothers. He stops by fairly often and I always enjoy the visit, how ever brief it might be. This has me reflecting on my family. I have been blessed with two families that are close. As I think back on my childhood, I have very fond memories of my cousins, aunts, and uncles! Now that I'm older and all of my cousins have families of their own now, it is much more difficult for us to visit regularly. In fact, if we see each other one time a year, we are fortunate.

Being single with an empty nest is very lonely at times. The prospect of remaining single for some is not even an option and for others, it may be the only option. But, my advice to all the single folks out there is to "Carpe Diem!" Live life wide open! Reconnect with family! There will never be a better time than right now to rebuild those close ties to the ones who love you and know you.

Time investment in family will one day be the most important thing you have ever done. From an eternal point of view, your investment may be the difference between heaven and hell for someone. So live your life worthy of the calling of Christ and in the process show others what it really means to "Carpe Diem!"

No comments:

Post a Comment